Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another mommy blog?

Sigh, yes, another mommy blog, I know. These days you can't turn and spit without hitting someone that blogs about something they do or know, and I'm certainly no different. For a few years now I've maintained a knitting blog (http://yarndoodling.wordpress.com/) and been quite happy about it, but I feel like I'm encroaching everytime I post something about my son there, and I realized that if anyone wanted to read just about my adventures as a parent, they really wouldn't be able to, since my motherhood posts are few and far between.

So, enter Project Baby. After my son was born almost a year ago, I have been striving to preserve the first year of his life, and all the important milestones along the way. I have taken pictures, I have taken video, and I have updated my Facebook status for my friends and family to read almost daily with things about him, but one thing I haven't done is really preserve those stories about him. You know the stories, the ones where I'm talking about how wonderful he is, or how much I want to put him back inside my belly for justanothermonthprettyplease? Andrew has been a blessing, even on those terrible days, and I want the world to know it. I also want some sympathy from fellow mothers on those days when I just want to pull my hair out.

Before I end this cute little introductory first post, I'll tell you a little about myself and my son. My name is Jessica, and I'm in my mid-20's. I live in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia, Canada. And before you ask how I stand the cold, weather here is pretty much the same as Seattle's, so I stand it fairly well, thank you. I worked as a pharmacy technician before I went on maternity leave, and I decided that instead of returning to the work force that I would stay home with my son and do daycare from home. I am engaged to the man of my dreams, Neil, and we are getting married September 1, 2012. He has brought his beautiful daughter, Morgan into our relationship together, and she is 6 and a half, 7 in February. She loves being a big sister, and she's a wonderful little girl, everything I could have hoped for in my own child. I look after one child in my daycare, a 3 year old boy who for privacy reasons, I will simply call T. He's a spunky little kid, and I'm very fond of him.

I'm also a bit of a green-freak. I try to make sure everything we use is chemical-free and I recycle like a maniac. I love a good bargin, and I like to repurpose things when I can. I'm crafty, I'm quiet, and my idea of a perfect day is one spent in almost total peace and quiet, curled up in a comfortable chair or even bed, reading delicious books and writing in my journal. I love to learn and I love to play. Being outdoors is heavenly, unless the elements are killer, and I'm fairly active. I'm also very emotional and sensitive, so I will try to make sure that I don't take my commenter's criticism too personally.

Well, I think that's about it for my first post, I hope you'll tick this little blog into your "Favorites" folder and share some laughs and possibly even some tears with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment